Lisbon Golf Courses
Home » Golfcourses » Lisbon
Lisbon Sports Club  

Previous Next

In 1880, a group of British residents in the Lisbon area formed a club where cricket, football and tennis could be played. In 1914, the club lost the use of the site in Lisbon. For several years, it was allowed to share the sports facilities at Carcavelos with the long established Eastern Telegraph Sports Club. In 1917, in recognition of the ETC's generosity, the LSC presented a Golf Trophy to Carcavelos, now one of the oldest golf trophies in Portugal.

By 1922, cricket, tennis, hockey, football and a nine hole golf course were all in full swing and the "Golden Era" of the club now began. Although well outside Lisbon in those days, it soon became the centre of British Community sporting life and many Portuguese friends also joined the club.

In 1962 the present grounds at Carregueira were purchased. The golf course was formally opened on the 20th June 1964 with a match, the L.S.C. vs The Rest of Portugal. The result was a handsome win for the club. The full 18 hole course was inaugurated on the 19th September 1992.

Hire of trolleys and clubs, caddies, golf lessons. As well as a clubhouse, restaurant, bar and sauna, the club has a children's playroom with a babysitting service.


Driving Instructions:

From Lisbon Airport take the sign towards Sintra onto 2A Circular; follow signs for IC19; exit onto CREL A9; A9 exit 3 ( 10 KMS) for IC16 Belas; Take a left after the toll for N250 Belas; at bottom of hill for 3 Kms to Belas go straight across roundabout and follow the sign to Clube de Campo Belas and take a right turn for Pero Pinheiro the Golf course is on the left after about 3 KMS.

       Course Information
       18 holes - Par 72
       Markers Length
       White 5262 m
       Yellow 5023 m
       Red 4583 m
       Minimum Handicap
       Male -  28 Female -  36
Back
Accommodation | Get Quote